AnsweredAssumed Answered

List features in multiple workspaces then convert to point, BUT ignore some paths?

Question asked by swcagis on Jul 31, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 by swcagis
I have this code to loop through a workspace and find all shps and feature classes that are named a certain thing. I'd like to convert each poly to a point and then append it to a feature class, BUT I want to skip over any feature that has the word "ARCHIVE" in it's path. Any tips on how to do this would be great!

BTW, the code fails so far. My final loop is merely taking the first letter of my output and doing the rest, instead of taking the actual feature class. I.e. it is telling me that "D_pt" does not exist. I know the path works, that is if I print it lists what I need it to list (all feature classes and shps that start with "APE" or "SAB") but then I can't do anything with it.

import arcpy, os  #Set the workspace workspace = r"D:/Work"  #create list of files from directories and subdirectories for root, dirs, files in arcpy.da.Walk(workspace, datatype="FeatureClass", type="Polygon"):     for name in files:         if name.startswith("APE") or name.startswith("SAB"):             path = os.path.abspath(os.path.join(root, name))             for x in path:                 outFC = x + "_pt"                 # convert to points                 arcpy.FeatureToPoint_management(path, outFC, "INSIDE") 

Outcomes