Using Provided Code to Embed Webmap into Personal Website

07-23-2013 09:06 PM
deleted-user-W17i9rKaOdiH
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

When I try to share a map created using ArcGIS Online by embedding the provided code into the dashboard of my personal website that is hosted with Blue Host, it does not work.  

I contacted my service provider, Blue Host, and they said they can't help me because they don't deal with mapping issues and suggested I contact Esri instead.

As different kinds of services increasing interface or intersect one another, I think users will see a need more support in this area. So, in this case, who do I go to for support? How can I embed the code to allow a user to view an interactive map that I created using ArcGIS Online on my personal website and also on my organization's website if I chose? 

My goal is to show my work on my personal website to generate more interest in my work and to make my website more interesting.

Please note that I have a trial subscription.

Please advise.

Best,
Lyndy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
I think a good start would be by posting the code. Sometimes there is something missing, or permissions haven't been set.

Also if you purchase an organizational account you will have access to technical support.
http://www.arcgis.com/features/plans/pricing.html

Additional Information

Plans must be renewed on a yearly basis.
    Technical Support is included as part of the subscription.
    Service credits are consumed when you use certain services in Esri's cloud, such as geocoding, hosted feature or tile services, or for data transfers out of ArcGIS Online.
    Special plans are available for non-profits, NGOs, K-12, vocational, and higher education institutions.
    ArcGIS Online Service Level Agreement
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The provided code is:

<iframe width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://classy.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/templates/OnePane/basicviewer/embed.html?webmap=a43436f83a374de798089988dac3254e&amp;gcsextent=92.8125,14.5437,104.3042,19.7796&amp;displayslider=true&amp;displayscalebar=true&amp;displaylegend=true&amp;displaydetails=true&amp;displaybasemaps=true"></iframe>

I am working on getting our organization signed up. I'm in exploratory phase currently.

Thanks for your support!

Best,
Lyndy
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Hey Lyndy,

There is nothing wrong with your map code. When I put the code in a text file and converte it to an html file it opened in my browser fine. Feel free to test it with the attached html document.

The issue must be with the way you are hosting the map. Maybe the issue is you are hosting it as text and not as html code. I know with our service I need to switch to html from pure text.

If this is helpful don't forget to rate!

Tim
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Hi Tim,

Thanks for checking the code. That's exactly it! I just had to transform text to html, and now it's working great!

Thanks so much!

Lyndy
0 Kudos