ArcGIS server 10.1 (with SP1)   using SQL server security store problem

07-19-2013 11:55 AM
DeminHu
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to configure ArcGIS Server 10.1 to use SQL server Security store ( SDE ).
Following ESRI doc:
Using a 10.0 .NET SQL Server security store in 10.1 ( http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Using_a_10_0_NET_SQL_Server_security_store...)
I did some configurations, when I login  to ArcGIS Server Manager ->Security ->Setting:
I could see:
User store  10.0 SQL Server
Role Store 10.0 SQL Server

But no records to display on user and roles tab,  when I search a user or role which on  SQL SDE database,  the result show : no user matched the specific search criteria.

For test, my SQL server and ArcGIS Server on the same machine, the  widows login has admin privilege on the machine and SQL server.

What I missed?

Many thanks !
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArthurMazgarov
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to configure ArcGIS Server 10.1 to use SQL server Security store ( SDE ).
Following ESRI doc:
Using a 10.0 .NET SQL Server security store in 10.1 ( http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Using_a_10_0_NET_SQL_Server_security_store...)
I did some configurations, when I login  to ArcGIS Server Manager ->Security ->Setting:
I could see:
User store  10.0 SQL Server
Role Store 10.0 SQL Server

But no records to display on user and roles tab,  when I search a user or role which on  SQL SDE database,  the result show : no user matched the specific search criteria.

For test, my SQL server and ArcGIS Server on the same machine, the  widows login has admin privilege on the machine and SQL server.

What I missed?

Many thanks !

Try to create some users and roles from ArcGIS Server Manager. If you can create them and see them, then you should check application name maybe. I've faced a similar problem when was trying to use security database that was also used by my ASP.NET WebApplication

See this link http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Setting_up_us...

"To use the existing database, you may need to configure the application name or ID. In a SQL Server Membership or Role database, users and roles are assigned a unique application ID, which is associated with an application name in the aspnet_Applications table in the database. You can have multiple application names in a database. This enables sharing one database among several Web applications, with each Web application authenticating users in the database with a specific application name. This way, the users for one Web application will not be allowed access to Web applications tied to a different database application name.
By default, ArcGIS Server Manager and ArcGIS Server services and applications use an application name of esriags. This is different from the default application name defined for ASP.NET in its machine.config file. That default name is a forward slash (/). You may also have defined a different application name for your Web application using the preexisting database. Users created for these different applications are not visible to other applications.
"
0 Kudos