Custom help xml path for python toolbox pyt

Jump to solution
07-11-2013 12:41 PM
AustinMilt
New Contributor III
Can I tell ArcGIS to use a custom help xml for a Python toolbox (.pyt)?

I really just want to use the automated xml, but move it to a different directory because it clutters up the directory that the toolbox is in.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor
Austin,

I don't think there's any way of doing this built-in, but you could add an idea or an enhancement request if you think this behavior would be useful. I could imagine something like a new attribute in a tool's init method which referenced another location.

I generally am managing the .pyt.xml files in Git, and only use git's status to look at my directories, so don't usually see the documentation files directly.

cheers,
Shaun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor
Austin,

I don't think there's any way of doing this built-in, but you could add an idea or an enhancement request if you think this behavior would be useful. I could imagine something like a new attribute in a tool's init method which referenced another location.

I generally am managing the .pyt.xml files in Git, and only use git's status to look at my directories, so don't usually see the documentation files directly.

cheers,
Shaun
0 Kudos
AustinMilt
New Contributor III
Austin,

cheers,
Shaun

How would I submit an enhancement request?
0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
How would I submit an enhancement request?

http://ideas.arcgis.com/
0 Kudos