Problem in the new ArcGIS runtime sdk for wpf 10.1.1 Editor events.

06-24-2013 11:17 PM
Labels (1)
AnkitaBhatia
New Contributor III
Hi,
I was using the Editor Widget event _EditCompleted from ArcGIS runtime sdk for WPF 1.0. This event was invoked after I moved a point graphic from one place to another (after the mouse was released).

Today I updraded to the ArcGIS runtime SDK version 10.1.1 and this event is invoked even before I select a facility for edit.
This is really causing me problems. Can someone explain if it is change in the API or I am missing something.

Really urgent.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I'm not aware of any change in behaviour. Can you post the snippet of code where you're creating the Editor (XAML?) and handling the event?

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
AnkitaBhatia
New Contributor III
Hi,
I am doing this is a PWF application.
In my MainWindow.XAML I am creating the EditorWidget
  <esri:EditorWidget x:Name="MyEditorWidget"
                                       Width="300"
                                       AutoSelect="False"
                                       Loaded="EditorWidget_Loaded"
                                       Map="{Binding ElementName=MyMap}"
                                       ShowAttributesOnAdd="True" />
In my .cs  constructor I am attaching the event.
public MainView()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            GridLayout.DataContext = new MainViewModel();
           MyEditorWidget.EditCompleted += MyEditorWidget_EditCompleted;        }
and then defining the event in .cs only.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

When the event fires - what kind of EditAction do you get?

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/apiref/index.html?ESRI.ArcGIS.Client~ESRI.ArcGIS.Cli...

Add
Cancel
ClearSelection
Cut
DeleteSelected
EditVertices
Remove
Reshape
Save
Select
UndoEdits
Union

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
AnkitaBhatia
New Contributor III
I will elaborate my problem:
I am using the EditVertices of the Editor tool to move a point graphic on a graphic layer.
These point graphics have lines (polylines) connecting them (Visually it appears they are connecting the two points).

So when a point  location is modified using EditVertices -> I need to explicitly go redraw the polyline with new end points.

To do so I was handling the edit verticescompleted event and was redrawing the connection there.
When I changed upgraded to 10.1 the EditVertices event fires as soon as I click on editvertices on the editor as opposed to earlier when it was fired only when the graphic i was dragging was dropped.
0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor
Hi,

This looks like a bug. I assume it got introduced as part of another improvement we did to enable saving edits for a polygon while it's vertices are being edited . We will try to fix this in future release.

Thanks,
Preeti
0 Kudos
TorbenDziuk
New Contributor
Hi,

We are facing the same problem after updating to the Runtime SDK. Can you confirm it is a bug? Is there a fix or workaround? Can you estimate when it will be fixed?

Thanks, Marco
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

It would be great if you could put together a small, self contained reproducer app for this issue that we can easily test to confirm we have fixed the issue you're experiencing. You don't need to include the bin or obj folders and zipped up it should be fine to upload. Otherwise feel free to email it to me at mbranscomb@esri.com.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos