AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dataframe.scale problem when map created through ConvertWebMapToMapDocument

Question asked by kdoman on Jun 18, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 by kdoman
I'm using a modified version of the Advanced High Quality Printing script to create a custom print job for a client. They want to create PDF maps at 1:1200 or 1:4800 scale, and they have mxds formatted for that. However, the client-side flex application uses tiled map services that display at scales of 1:500, 1:1000, 1:2000, 1:4000, and so on. So, when I passed my WebMapAsJson into the script, the map scale was not what the client wanted (1" to 333.3' instead of 1" to 400').

So, I tried to pass a scale value to the dataframe, to override the webmap scale. That's when I received an error in the script that said "DataFrameObject: Error in setting scale value". According to the documentation, the dataframe's scale property is supposed to be read/write, but it wasn't the case here. I've looked through the mxd, and the dataframe's extent was set to automatic.

I also tried to set the mxd's extent to a fixed scale (1:4800), and commented out the dataframe.scale setting. However, the ConvertWebMapToMapDocument overrode the fixed scale with the map scale from the web service.

I can't change the tiling scales from the client web map service. Can anybody recommend a good workaround?

Outcomes