Select to view content in your preferred language

Configuring Attributes for Pop-Up does not translate in Web Applicaiton

06-17-2013 11:55 AM
DeannaIrving
Occasional Contributor
I have configured my attributes for my Pop-Up (for a short field) to not display the 1000 Separator. This change is saved and works beautifuly in my web map. I see the attribute 2008. When I create a Web Application, using the Basic Viewer template, the comma appears and the user sees 2,008 when in editing.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Deanna
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor
I have configured my attributes for my Pop-Up (for a short field) to not display the 1000 Separator. This change is saved and works beautifuly in my web map. I see the attribute 2008.

Hi Deanna,
Are you saving the webmap between inspecting the attributes and creating the application?  i can reproduce what you are seeing if i do not save the map between saving the popup configuration and making the app.

When I create a Web Application, using the Basic Viewer template, the comma appears and the user sees 2,008 when in editing.

Here is the workflow that is successful for me. 
1) open your webmap and click configure popup for the appropriate layer
2) on the popup properties page click configure attributes, select the appropriate field and uncheck 'use 1000 separator', click save popup
3) save your map
4) share > as web mapping application
0 Kudos
JosephJose
Occasional Contributor
I had the same problem and followed this thread.

It does the required expectations.

When I view it in my iPhone, the output looks like a hyperlink. Is there a way to make it appear like normal text? Check attachment for details.
0 Kudos