Cannot see related attributes

06-13-2013 07:14 AM
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to view attributes in a related table in my map viewer.  I have a personal geodatabase where I created the relationship class (relating a table to a feature class).  I published my .mxd (10.1) as a feature service to AGOLO and can view it successfully in my map viewer. The description for the feature class shows that it sees the relationship class to the table.  However I cannot find any way to be able to see the related attributes in the pop-up (enabled attachments), in the table or anywhere in ArcGIS online.  I could not find information in the help or an answer in the forums though I see reference to this being possible.  Does the data have to originate in SDE? Is there something else I need to do when publishing it or once it's in AGOLO?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Currently, there is no way to view related records in ArcGIS.com map viewer.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
WoodyBailey1
New Contributor III
Currently, there is no way to view related records in ArcGIS.com map viewer.

Thanks,

Mike

Is this something that can be added through programming? Is it something that is currently in development? Even considered?
This service appears to be marketed as a mobile platform, with lots of nice new "Water Utility Apps Configurations"
even one of the examples for main breaks has a relationship class.
I am searching for more documentation on how these apps were intended to be utilized. In my opinion hydrant inspection record belongs in a table that is RELATED to the actual hydrant. This is the only good way to preserve previous inspection records. The templates I've been reviewing online appear to want me to add new distinct points to a map to represent my inspection. In the valve exercising example the exercise event is not even in the same coordinate system as the valves? I thought this was intentional at first in order to have the two feature classes related in some way yet not appear on the map. I hope a means to support a many to one relationships between assets on the map and related tables is a feature you intend to add soon.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We are working on showing related records. However, there is no release date set.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Any update on this?

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

related records are now supported in ArcGIS.com map viewer...

Configure pop-ups—Help | ArcGIS

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

You still cannot edit related attributes, correct? Do you know if that will be supported in one of the next releases?

0 Kudos
NilsBabel

Thanks a lot Mike Minami‌, I hadn't seen that.  How do the relationships work when you open the Feature Service in ArcMap?  I've published a feature service to AGOL with relationship classes.  It works well from the Web Map.  However, when I open it in ArcMap it seems some of the layers show the relationships correctly but others don't.  Are the relationships supported in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
NilsBabel

Are there any other problems with related records that you are aware of?  I think I'm coming across some bugs.  For instance: 

1) If I add a new feature in the web map that participates in a relationship and I don't enter a value in the attribute participating in the relationship than I get a blank popup the next time I identify it.  The data is saved if I select a point and choose edit I can see the values.  However, when edit is not selected the identify popup is blank.  Is this by design?  If I enter a value in the relate field than the popup displays correctly.

2) If I add a new feature through a disconnected map in Collector and then sync my edits the values in the related fields are not retained.  That is I can enter a value in the relationship field but when I sync the edits and then view the feature in the web map there is no value for that field. 

Are these known bugs Mike Minami‌ ?

I'm using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 feature services (Non-Hosted)

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

What kind of relationship? I assume 1 to 1, not 1 to many.

1) When you say blank, the whole popup is blank?

2) Collector currently doesn't support displaying or editing related records. You can see the related fields listed in the popup because the popup definition includes them. However, Collector can't sent or receive related records. We are working on supporting this.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos