Export Web Map Issue

06-12-2013 05:43 PM
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
I'm encountering quite a tough issues with the Export Web Map task

When you zoom into the maximum scale for the cache and try and print that, sometimes the cached layers will not show in the print out. I haven't figured it out exactly, but its to do with screen size and layout size.

Example is http://gis.wcrc.govt.nz/WestMaps/map.html. Zoom into 1:1000 and print map at A4 Portrait, no basemap shows, change to A3 Landscape or zoom back to 1:1500 then the basemap does show.

Actually I noticed that the tiled map service isn't even being added to the MXD for some reason? A work around is to add the tiled map services into the template MXD, then turn these on/off by writing python code.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
I've written some python code to save a copy of the MXD before its exported as a PDF and I can see that the basemap isn't added to the MXD at all for some reason, even though its on and visible in the web application (tried with both Javscript and Flex APIs).

But yeah the issue only occurs when you zoom into the max scale and have a smaller screen resolution.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
When I change the scale for the printout to 1:251 instead of 1:250 it does work (using the flex viewer widget).
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Shaun,
This might be related to https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-viewer-flex/issues/142.
Could you test with 3.2 and/or share a config.xml that I can verify the upcoming 3.4 release with?
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Hi Bjorn,

Yeah I'm having trouble trying to figure when the issue occurs. It seems to occur in IE with the resolution at 800x600 though. Tried it in Flex Viewer 3.3 and 3.2 and did the same thing (no base map). I've attached the config I just used for Flex Viewer (renamed to .txt). So I don't think it's related to Flex Viewer as it does it in a Javascript application I developed too.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Had the DPI set at 100, setting it to 96 resolves the issue.

Certain DPIs like 100 and 300 seem to cause it.
0 Kudos