AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error message even though script finishes with expected results.

Question asked by agray7501 on Jun 6, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 by ferninster
I am working on a script trying to plot lines from csv point data file..
It all seems to work until the end where I get an error stating that the table is not found..

when I open the FC in the map view, I see that I am getting the result I was expecting..

any help would be greatly appreciated..

here is the error...
Traceback (most recent call last):   File "C:\temp\GIS_projects\Sample_tripData\test.py", line 27, in <module>     "TELATDD","GEODESIC","TRIPSEQNUM")   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 2913, in XYToLine     raise e ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. The table was not found. [trip_lines] Failed to execute (XYToLine).

here is my code..
# Import system modules import arcpy print "importing modules and set environment...." from arcpy import env env.workspace = "c:/temp/gis_projects/sample_tripdata/test.gdb" fc = "trip_lines" #overwrite pre-existing files arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True  # Set local variables print "setting data input and output variables..." input_table = "C:/temp/GIS_projects/Sample_tripData/A6_TEMP_ATL_TRIP_HAULx.csv"  # check to see if FC exists, if so, delete. if arcpy.Exists(fc):     print "trip_lines exists..."     print "deleting trip_lines..."     arcpy.Delete_management(fc)     print "trip_lines deleted..."  out_lines = "C:/temp/GIS_projects/Sample_tripData/test.gdb/trip_lines"  #XY To Line print "running XY to Line Geoprocesseing tool..." arcpy.XYToLine_management(input_table,out_lines,                          "TSLONGDD","TSLATDD","TELONGDD",                          "TELATDD","GEODESIC","TRIPSEQNUM") 

Outcomes