Adding Attribute Table to Map Layout (Dynamic Text?)

06-05-2013 07:41 AM
TamraNewberry
New Contributor
Here is what I am trying to do:

I am creating a map book that has data driven pages enabled and shows an aerial photo and building locations. What I would like to do is add an attribute table to my map layout which shows 2 attribute field values for the buildings layer. In this attribute table, I would only like to display the features located in that particular grid section. I believe I would have to use some sort of dynamic text in order to have the table change for each page. The data driven pages is enabled for my grid layer, not the buildings layer.

I do not know if this is even possible and I am having a hard time solving this problem. Any advice would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
You can use the dymanic text function but in only works on the data driven page.  We wanted to do the same thing based on TWP RNG Section and Parcel Name(s)

I simply built in those attributes to the feature I used for data driven pages and do dynamic text from that.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I am creating a map book that has data driven pages enabled and shows an aerial photo and building locations. What I would like to do is add an attribute table to my map layout which shows 2 attribute field values for the buildings layer. In this attribute table, I would only like to display the features located in that particular grid section. I believe I would have to use some sort of dynamic text in order to have the table change for each page. The data driven pages is enabled for my grid layer, not the buildings layer.

I do not know if this is even possible and I am having a hard time solving this problem. Any advice would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
TamraNewberry
New Contributor
Thanks for the feedback! I wonder if it would work with a Join? Did you try that before you addded your feature attributes to the data driven pages layer?
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
I have not tried using a joined table but I do not see why it would not work.

Worth a try.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the feedback! I wonder if it would work with a Join? Did you try that before you addded your feature attributes to the data driven pages layer?
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
I just tried it on a joined table and it does work.

You can dynamic text off an attribute from a joined table.
0 Kudos