Select to view content in your preferred language

IE and Web Application Compatibility

Jump to solution
06-05-2013 07:28 AM
JonathanFarmer1
Deactivated User
Hi,

I am running into compatibility issues with Internet Explorer and my web applications hosted through ArcGIS Online. My web apps work fine in Chrome and Firefox but the measurement tool will not work correctly in IE. Instead of having a line follow my cursor around the area I would like to measure, the lines offset an inch or two from where I click and do not follow the path my cursor takes. This problem is only in IE.

I understand there is a whole new ArcGIS Online version coming out this summer? Is this getting fixed then? I need my public facing web apps to be compatible with IE if at all possible.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, tech support would be your best option.

thanks,

MIke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I do not see this issue with IE. What version are you running? Does this happen with all of your maps? Can you share a web map that shows the problem?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer1
Deactivated User
I have IE 10 on my machine. I should mention that I use Chrome and have no issues, this was pointed out to me by one of my end users today.

I have three web apps and this happens on all three. Unfortunately I can't make them public due to sensitive information so I may need to call tech support and have them remote in it sounds like?

-Jonathan
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, tech support would be your best option.

thanks,

MIke
0 Kudos
JamesCallahan
New Contributor
Did you find out anything from tech support?  We have observed a similar issue with identify operations where you have to click to the side of the symbol to actually get it to register.  If you switch IE10 to compatibility view it works correctly.

Thanks,
Jim
0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer1
Deactivated User
Jim,

Tech support diagnosed it as a bug with IE 10. We did find out that it works fine in IE 9. They now know about it and I assume it will be fixed in the next rollout.

In the meantime, I am putting up disclaimers to only view my web apps in Firefox or Chrome for the time being.

Jonathan
0 Kudos