Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder for non-GIS People

Jump to solution
05-30-2013 11:22 AM
BleysAndromeda-Focht
Emerging Contributor
Hi, I am an intern at an Gold Mine and was assigned a few goals for my first month. One of them is helping the geologists automate their map making process, because they just don't know what they are doing. I have developed a model that accomplishes this, except not everything displays. I have done everything I could find elsewhere on the Forums (display on map, parameter, and add results of geoprocessing..). My results do work perfectly fine, but the rest of the map that the geologists don't change doesn't display until I uncheck then check display on map, then they display. Would it be easier if I just projected them inside the model, instead of using the pre-projected versions. That would include what I wanted as a result instead of just being inside the model.

Thank you,

Bleys
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesSimard1
Deactivated User
Typically 'add to display' works for outputs, not on the inputs. Try running an inexpensive process on each of those inputs and 'add to display' each of the results. Don't know if there's a cleaner option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesSimard1
Deactivated User
Hello and good luck on this project. Could you send a screenshot, or multiple shots if large, of your Model? You are running directly from ArcMap? The outputs have 'add to display' checked but are not displaying when the model successfully completes? Just want to make sure I understand the problem right. James

Hi, I am an intern at an Gold Mine and was assigned a few goals for my first month. One of them is helping the geologists automate their map making process, because they just don't know what they are doing. I have developed a model that accomplishes this, except not everything displays. I have done everything I could find elsewhere on the Forums (display on map, parameter, and add results of geoprocessing..). My results do work perfectly fine, but the rest of the map that the geologists don't change doesn't display until I uncheck then check display on map, then they display. Would it be easier if I just projected them inside the model, instead of using the pre-projected versions. That would include what I wanted as a result instead of just being inside the model.

Thank you,

Bleys
0 Kudos
BleysAndromeda-Focht
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

I have included a main picture, and a picture that shows the only tool I am using. My output (Drill Collars Named) does display. Everything else,  doesn't display. I imagine it is because there is no processing being done on those. If that is the case when I get the Mine's specific coordinates figured out (also a hassle) I will just reproject everything into that inside the model. I basically just want them to display for display purposes when they go to print their maps twice a week.

Thank you,

Bleys
0 Kudos
JamesSimard1
Deactivated User
Typically 'add to display' works for outputs, not on the inputs. Try running an inexpensive process on each of those inputs and 'add to display' each of the results. Don't know if there's a cleaner option.
0 Kudos