Spatial Data Server Not Recognizing SQL Server CLR Types Are Installed During Install

05-30-2013 09:25 AM
MarkParr1
New Contributor
Greetings,

I am in the process of setting up ArcGIS Server Enterprise 10.1 on a Windows Server 2012 machine running IIS 8, with SQL Server as my database. I have ArcGIS Server installed and up and running and am able to author, publish, and consume map services. I wanted to take a look at using Spatial Data Server to enable users to edit features. When I try to install Spatial Data Server it gives me an error saying that it requires the SQL Server CLR Types to be installed. Looking at the documentation, it says that those CLR types, if not present, will be installed by the Spatial Data Server installation....which does not appear to be the case. I then went straight to the SQL Server website and downloaded and installed those CLR Types...take a look at the installed programs and it shows that they are installed. I then reboot, just to make sure...go back to the Spatial Data Server setup and.....it gives me the same error!

It's my understanding that ArcGIS Server 10.1 does not support IIS 8, but this seems unrelated to that.

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies