Connection different graphic layer

05-23-2013 09:29 PM
Labels (1)
NandaKumar
New Contributor
I have added 2 graphic layers,On one (layer 1), i am drawing polyline and on other i am drawing (layer 2) some point. I want to know is there any out of box feature to identify the extent of my drawn point of layer 2 in layer 1.

I am using ArcGIS sdk for desktop to do the same.

Thanks in Advance
Nanda Kumar.K
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

One (or more) of the geometry operations should help you - perhaps start with GeometryService.RelationAsync() - http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/samples/index.html#/Relation_Online/02q2000000n70000....

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
NandaKumar
New Contributor
Thanks Mike for the reply,

I have followed the approach mentioned in the link which you have provided, If i use some Polyline and run my GeometryService.SimplifyAsync() method then it works fine. But if i try creating simple draw point in a graphic layer and tried calling GeometryService.SimplifyAsync() method then in wont get any result (Result will show as 0).

While calling my relation identify method i have tried like i mentioned below,

GeometryService.RelationAsync(MyDrawPointLayerName.Graphics, e.Results, GeometryRelation.esriGeometryRelationWithin, null), i will

get zero result and if i use,

GeometryService.RelationAsync(MyDrawPointLayerName.Graphics, e.Results, GeometryRelation.esriGeometryRelationIntersection, null), i will get only polyline crossing the Graphic layer.

Please help me to identify what i am doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance,
Nanda Kumar.K
0 Kudos
AnkitaBhatia
New Contributor III
Hi,
Any explanation for this. When we remove the Polyline graphic from the layer it works fine.
I am not sure how the geometry service interprets the graphics and calculates the intersection etc. but would greatly appreciate a small insight so we are able to find the root cause of the above issue.
0 Kudos