AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with loop in ListFields Program!!

Question asked by MLCouden on May 23, 2013
Latest reply on May 30, 2013 by rzufelt
My program is to find missing records when comparing to layers inside an mxd and then highlight the ones that are missing. For example, if one layer has 105H1 then the other layer should have it if not then it highlights that record to alert the user it is missing in the other layer.  Right, now it is highlighting ones that are missing but also highlighting random ones that are in both layers??? I think my problem is the loop at the bottom of my program but a) I'm not sure and b) I don't know how to fix it.

import arcpy, traceback  mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument("CURRENT") lstLayers = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(mxd)  flayer = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(mxd, "AADT")[0] alayer = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(mxd, "AADTAnnoLabel")[0]  FRows = arcpy.SearchCursor(flayer) ARows = arcpy.SearchCursor(alayer)  ffields = arcpy.ListFields(flayer, "FLAG", "String") afields = arcpy.ListFields(alayer, "TFLAG", "String")  FList = [] AList = []  for row in FRows:     Fvalue = row.getValue("FLAG")     FList.append(str(Fvalue))  for row in ARows:     Avalue = row.getValue("TFLAG")     AList.append(str(Avalue))  matched = set(FList) & set(AList)  for x in matched:     exp = '"FLAG" = ' + "'" + x + "'"     arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management("AADT", "ADD_TO_SELECTION", exp)  arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management("AADT", "SWITCH_SELECTION") 

Outcomes