Thumbnails for Web Applications

Jump to solution
05-17-2013 05:49 AM
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II
A thumbnail is automatically generated from the map content whenever you create and save a new online map. But when publishing a web app from an online map, a generic image is created to represent a web app, I guess. They are all the same for all your web apps.

Is there a way to upload a custom thumbnail to appear in the map galleries that represents the web app, similar to how you upload an image to represent a Group? I've looked in the Configure App, in the help, and Org settings.

Any help appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelLohr
Answered my own question.

You can upload a different image while your are editing the general settings and description for your web application. Click the little action tag below the generic thumbnail that says "Click thumbnail to change image". Duh.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelLohr
Answered my own question.

You can upload a different image while your are editing the general settings and description for your web application. Click the little action tag below the generic thumbnail that says "Click thumbnail to change image". Duh.
0 Kudos
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III

That seems like a hassle. Why wouldn't the Web App also auto generate a thumbnail or take it from the Web Map it was created from?