Pre-existing cache not recognized

Jump to solution
05-16-2013 10:32 AM
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to deploy the cached map services included with ArcGIS Server 10.1 (Linux) by following the process here. When I publish the services from their .sd files the service previews in the ArcGIS Manager Services tab are black, and when I try to preview the services with the Javascript API from their REST endpoints I get a blank map with the zoom +/- control but no map. I have followed the instructions *exactly*. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Looking at the Caching parameters of the services, the Cache Directory is correct - it is the same directory to which we copied the cache folders as outlined in the instructions.

We've published our own map services and they work just fine; it's just the pre-cached ones from ESRI that don't work.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor
We still don't know why the problem occurred but we have a solution. We've ignored the instructions provided by ESRI and instead did this:

1. Publish map service from provided .sd file
2. Run Import Map Server Cache tool

Presto! Cached map services work.

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor
No suggestions? I am the only one with this problem? Hmm.....

What are the factors that determine how a map service is connected to its cache?

• case sensitive names?

• server account/group permissions?

• cache location?

Maybe someone could help me troubleshoot by answering these questions?

Thanks,
Ryan
0 Kudos
RyanClancy
Occasional Contributor
We still don't know why the problem occurred but we have a solution. We've ignored the instructions provided by ESRI and instead did this:

1. Publish map service from provided .sd file
2. Run Import Map Server Cache tool

Presto! Cached map services work.

Ryan
0 Kudos