10.1.1 Programatically Invoke MeasureAction Issue

Jump to solution
05-14-2013 12:30 PM
Labels (1)
RyanCoodey
Occasional Contributor III
So we finally got our EDN subscriptions and are upgrading our code base from the 2.4 API to the 10.1.1 Runtime SDK... mostly everything seems to have ported over just fine except with our programatically executable measure action. We have the following class that worked fine in 2.4:

public class ExecutableMeasureAction : MeasureAction     {         public void Execute()         {             Invoke(null);         }     }

But in 10.1.1 it is throwing an error in the Invoke: "Graphic Symbol is not serializable to JSON"

Any ideas or help on getting around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

That error message occurs when a symbol or renderer is not supported in the accelerated display mode.

Unfortunately the symbology used by the out of the box measure action is not supported in the accelerated display - this is resolved in the next release (10.2.1) but in the mean time if you need to provide measure action functionality and you're using the accelerated display (which I would always recommend if possible) then you should take a look at this Geodesic Operations sample: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/silverlight-api/samples/start.htm#GeodesicOperations.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RyanCoodey
I procrastinated on this bug for a while and now getting to the point of needing it fixed, so bumping this thread in the hopes someone might be able to help.

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

That error message occurs when a symbol or renderer is not supported in the accelerated display mode.

Unfortunately the symbology used by the out of the box measure action is not supported in the accelerated display - this is resolved in the next release (10.2.1) but in the mean time if you need to provide measure action functionality and you're using the accelerated display (which I would always recommend if possible) then you should take a look at this Geodesic Operations sample: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/silverlight-api/samples/start.htm#GeodesicOperations.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Ahh, thanks a lot for that info Mike.

I tried resetting the measure symbols:
     MeasureAction.FillSymbol = MeasureFillSymbol;
     MeasureAction.LineSymbol = MeasureLineSymbol;
But guess there is still something else going on, hence your suggestion to use the geodesic operations. I think I will just turn off the accellerated display mode for now and eagerly await the release of 10.2.1.

Thanks again Mike!
0 Kudos