You do not have permissions to use this resource-- publishing

05-10-2013 09:08 AM
MichaelBowers
New Contributor
I created a tile package (about 7 mb) in arcmap and uploaded it to my account.  When I try to publish it, I get a message that "You do not have permissions to use this resource" 

I had previously tried to publish the same files directly and received a message that the service definition was created, but the cache generation failed.

I am on a trial subscription.  I am the administrator.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should be trying?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Good Morning,

Is SSL Enabled on your organization? You can find the Enable SSL check box on the My Organization page, then navigate to Edit Settings and the security tab.

There is a known issue regarding publishing from tile packages when SSL is enabled on an organization.

Let me know if disabling SSL for the organization allows you to publish the tiled service.

Cheers,

Kelly
0 Kudos
MichaelBowers
New Contributor
Thank you.  That solved the problem.
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Just a heads up that I encountered this same problem today, i.e. it is not yet fixed.

Also note that when you disable SSL you have to scroll the page and save the changes.
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I am uploading and publishing a tile package via software.

This is the call that actually starts the publishing:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/index.html#//02r300000222000000

From time to time, this particular call will return the following error:

{'error':{'code':403,'message':'You do not have permissions to use this resource.','details':null}}.

What I have found is that if pause and then retry the exact same request then it works.  I take this to mean that there is a bug in ArcGIS Online that you have to workaround.
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
On Friday, we saw the "You do not have permissions to access this resource." error when using the ArcGIS Online website.  When we clicked the service the web page would display and then, after a couple of seconds, it transitioned to a screen with the error message.

I reported the problem to ESRI support but by the time they contacted me it was working.  These type of transient issues make building products on ArcGIS Online difficult.
0 Kudos