Select to view content in your preferred language

Not being prompted for User Name and Password with secured services

05-10-2013 07:29 AM
JayKappy
Frequent Contributor
Not being prompted for User Name and Password when I login into ArcGIS online for Android.
When I first used the URL link to open the app I was asked...but since then things have changed (passwords, maps etc)

I am using the personal account
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times...still not asking for a user name and password for the secured services.

If I go to the same user account and use the same maps through my iOS everything works fine...it asked me for my user name and password every time...

Why does this not happen for the Android app? I cant put in my credentials to the secured Service we are hosting so I cannot see my data.
Is this a setting in the android unit....Its happening in my Android Phone (galaxy III and Galaxy note 10.1 tablet)

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Hey Jay,
What type of security are you using on your layers? If possible could you private message me the service URL for this map and I can check out the URL to make sure it will work with the ArcGIS for Android App. Could you also make sure you clear the cache and data for the app and try to reload the map.

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos