Bufferzone

05-02-2013 11:34 AM
Tom_AndersEngebakken
New Contributor
Hi
I'll will find out the difference in population between year 2000 and 2013. I have a feature class file with the population in year 2000 and 2013 that are connected to the municipal number and that is a point theme. What I want is to have is a buffer zones around each point and the size of the buffer zone is determined by the number of residents that each point has. I the population has increased the buffer zone will get a red color and where the population has decreased the buffer zone is will be blue. Is there anyone who can help me with this? Whether as a model in the Model Builder, Python or toolbox.

Thank you in advance

Tom Anders
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Tom,

Since you can calculate the difference from your tables to get the total number of residents as a new column. Cant you just use graduated symbols or even colors to show positive and negative differences.

Hi
I'll will find out the difference in population between year 2000 and 2013. I have a feature class file with the population in year 2000 and 2013 that are connected to the municipal number and that is a point theme. What I want is to have is a buffer zones around each point and the size of the buffer zone is determined by the number of residents that each point has. I the population has increased the buffer zone will get a red color and where the population has decreased the buffer zone is will be blue. Is there anyone who can help me with this? Whether as a model in the Model Builder, Python or toolbox.

Thank you in advance

Tom Anders
0 Kudos