Cannot create a stable installation of Operations Dashboard

04-27-2013 02:13 AM
RayMcGowan
New Contributor
I've been playing with operations dashboard for a couple of days. At this stage I've used 4 different Windows 7 PCs, both 32 bit and 64 bit. So far it has crashed on every operational view I've created. When it crashes the operational view is apparently unrecoverable i.e if I restart and try to reopen the view, or try to open the view from a different PC, the dashboard crashes after a couple of seconds. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or resolve this? The software looks nice while it works but at the moment it's completely unusable for me.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hubaldalberti
New Contributor
I've been playing with operations dashboard for a couple of days. At this stage I've used 4 different Windows 7 PCs, both 32 bit and 64 bit. So far it has crashed on every operational view I've created. When it crashes the operational view is apparently unrecoverable i.e if I restart and try to reopen the view, or try to open the view from a different PC, the dashboard crashes after a couple of seconds. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or resolve this? The software looks nice while it works but at the moment it's completely unusable for me.

+1
i am experiencing the same. Very unstable behavior!
Additional to the above, when it crashes i am not able to login again, looks like something is blocking my account. I have to open IExplore and login to arcgis online before a can (try to-) use the operations dashboard again.

Anyone with the same experience?
0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

If you are still experiencing the problem, could you provide a bit more information on where exactly the crash happens? In particular,

1. Are you trying to run the application in a virtual or physical machine?
2. Does you machine have Accelerated Display?
3. When you create an operation view, does the application crash when loading a webmap?
4. When you open an existing operation view, does the application crash when the map widget is initializing?
5. Do you have an error log that you could share (You could usually find it under Event Viewer > Windows Logs)?

The reason for the questions above is, Operations Dashboard by default runs on Accelerated Display mode, however, it's not supported in some machines (especially virtual machines) and it will cause the application to crash when loading a map.

Thanks,

Tif
0 Kudos