Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Text: Creating Dynamic Text from a Feature Class Atttribute Table

04-22-2013 11:05 AM
JonahWaterman
Regular Contributor
I an trying to create dynamic text from a feature class's attribute table. For instance I have a feature class labeled "Easement". Within the attribute table is a field labled " EsmtWidth". I have created Date Driven Pages from the easement feature class which is my index layer. So the result I am looking for should be"10", "15", "25" "50" etc.

Does anyone one know how to create dynamic text based off an attribute within a feature class. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor
Can list some more specifics.

What are you looking for  a label?

Or are you looking for a page label in the layout based on a data driven page?

To create a dynamic label simply open a feature classes Layer Properties and select the labels tab.

In the label field use the drop down to select the attribute you want the label  based on.  By default it should place it dynamically.

If you want to create a label in your layout based on an attribute.  Switch to layout view

click on Insert > Dynamic Text > Data Driven Page Attribute

A window will pop up with a drop down menu with the available attributes from whatever your data driven pages are based on. 

I an trying to create dynamic text from a feature class's attribute table. For instance I have a feature class labeled "Easement". Within the attribute table is a field labled " EsmtWidth". I have created Date Driven Pages from the easement feature class which is my index layer. So the result I am looking for should be"10", "15", "25" "50" etc.

Does anyone one know how to create dynamic text based off an attribute within a feature class. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos