ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager problem with 10.1 upgrade

04-17-2013 06:06 AM
JatinPatel
Occasional Contributor
I have built a webapp using 10.0 and somewhere in the code-behind file, I use this:
ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.EngineOrDesktop);

This worked fine in developement environment, but when I was ready to install on server, I converted it to the following and that worked fine on the Web Server.
ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.Server);

Now we upgraded to 10.1, and neither one of these works on the server. It works on development environment fine.

Any idea if anything else needs to be changed somewhere?
Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
What ESRI products are installed on the server?

Run PatchFinder.exe from the ESRI installation media, save the output to a text file, and then post the text file.

Also, please confirm that you have authorized/licensed ArcGIS Server on the web server machine.

Please confirm that you have a 64 bit web application, i.e. you have not enabled 32 bit mode on the application pool which is associated with the web application.

One suggestion is to write a trivial .NET console application which simply makes the call below and have it catch and log any exceptions.  Get that to work first and then worry about IIS, ASP.NET, etc.
0 Kudos
JatinPatel
Occasional Contributor
What ESRI products are installed on the server?

Run PatchFinder.exe from the ESRI installation media, save the output to a text file, and then post the text file.

Also, please confirm that you have authorized/licensed ArcGIS Server on the web server machine.

Please confirm that you have a 64 bit web application, i.e. you have not enabled 32 bit mode on the application pool which is associated with the web application.

One suggestion is to write a trivial .NET console application which simply makes the call below and have it catch and log any exceptions.  Get that to work first and then worry about IIS, ASP.NET, etc.

Let me check with IT and will post the answers... thanks!
0 Kudos