Delete tiles at smallest scale levels

04-12-2013 12:02 PM
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
From ArcMap v10.1 I'm creating a tile package to upload to my ArcGIS Online account.  I'm able to set the largest scale level for tile generation, but not set the smallest scale level. I don't need the smallest scale levels, so is there any way to delete the unwanted tiles from AGOL?  I thought I would be able to delete them using the manage tiles button on the item details page but that just shows the number of tiles generated at each scale level.  No management options as far as I can see, just statistics.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Would it not be simplest to not upload the tiles you don't want?

From ArcMap v10.1 I'm creating a tile package to upload to my ArcGIS Online account.  I'm able to set the largest scale level for tile generation, but not set the smallest scale level. I don't need the smallest scale levels, so is there any way to delete the unwanted tiles from AGOL?  I thought I would be able to delete them using the manage tiles button on the item details page but that just shows the number of tiles generated at each scale level.  No management options as far as I can see, just statistics.
0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
I guess I could if I was storing the package locally, but I'm going straight to AGOL.
0 Kudos