Select to view content in your preferred language

Composite Address Locator GeoService

Jump to solution
04-08-2013 02:36 PM
ChrisCorwin
Occasional Contributor II
When I publish each individual Address locator, it has no issues with my registered database, but when I try to create the geo-service for the composite locator, it says it needs to copy the locator to the server. Why is this? I asked because it keeps giving me a 9999 error when I try to create the composite service and wondering what might be causing it.
Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Chris,

When you're publishing a composite locator to ArcGIS Server 10.1, it is always copied to the server (even if you have set up a data store). So this is done by design. I've had myself problems with publishing composite locators as a geocode service and ArcGIS was crashing when clicking Publish in the Service Editor window.

The solution that worked for me was to use the ArcGIS Administrator Directory to publish a service.
1.    Copy the composite locator and all other participating locators to the ArcGIS Server computer
2.    Open your ArcGIS Server Administrator page (http://machinename:6080/arcgis/admin - if you use standard port) on the server computer and then log in using the admin username and the password.
3.    Click Services > createService
4.    Paste the code into the text box. You need to change "serviceName", "locator", and "locatorWorkspacePath"; ServiceName = name of your service that will be created, Locator = name of locator file on disk (without extention), LocatorWorkspacePath = location on disk on the ArcGIS Server machine where the locator file itself is stored (include geodatabase name if needed or just specify the folder).

{ "serviceName": "LocatorName", "type": "GeocodeServer", "description": "", "capabilities": "Geocode,ReverseGeocode", "clusterName": "default", "minInstancesPerNode": 1, "maxInstancesPerNode": 1, "instancesPerContainer": 1, "maxWaitTime": 60, "maxStartupTime": 300, "maxIdleTime": 1800, "maxUsageTime": 600, "loadBalancing": "ROUND_ROBIN", "isolationLevel": "HIGH", "configuredState": "STARTED", "recycleInterval": 24, "recycleStartTime": "00:00", "keepAliveInterval": 1800, "private": false, "isDefault": false, "maxUploadFileSize": 0, "allowedUploadFileTypes": "", "properties": { "outputDir": "C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput", "virtualOutputDir": "/rest/directories/arcgisoutput", "locator": "LocatorFileName", "suggestedBatchSize": "1000", "minScale": "-1", "textAntialiasingMode": "Force", "antialiasingMode": "None", "maxScale": "-1", "maxResultSize": "500", "locatorWorkspacePath": "D:\Data\", "maxBatchSize": "1000" }, "extensions": [], "datasets": [] }

More information on ArcGIS Administrator API for publishing a service and setting its parameters.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Chris,

When you're publishing a composite locator to ArcGIS Server 10.1, it is always copied to the server (even if you have set up a data store). So this is done by design. I've had myself problems with publishing composite locators as a geocode service and ArcGIS was crashing when clicking Publish in the Service Editor window.

The solution that worked for me was to use the ArcGIS Administrator Directory to publish a service.
1.    Copy the composite locator and all other participating locators to the ArcGIS Server computer
2.    Open your ArcGIS Server Administrator page (http://machinename:6080/arcgis/admin - if you use standard port) on the server computer and then log in using the admin username and the password.
3.    Click Services > createService
4.    Paste the code into the text box. You need to change "serviceName", "locator", and "locatorWorkspacePath"; ServiceName = name of your service that will be created, Locator = name of locator file on disk (without extention), LocatorWorkspacePath = location on disk on the ArcGIS Server machine where the locator file itself is stored (include geodatabase name if needed or just specify the folder).

{ "serviceName": "LocatorName", "type": "GeocodeServer", "description": "", "capabilities": "Geocode,ReverseGeocode", "clusterName": "default", "minInstancesPerNode": 1, "maxInstancesPerNode": 1, "instancesPerContainer": 1, "maxWaitTime": 60, "maxStartupTime": 300, "maxIdleTime": 1800, "maxUsageTime": 600, "loadBalancing": "ROUND_ROBIN", "isolationLevel": "HIGH", "configuredState": "STARTED", "recycleInterval": 24, "recycleStartTime": "00:00", "keepAliveInterval": 1800, "private": false, "isDefault": false, "maxUploadFileSize": 0, "allowedUploadFileTypes": "", "properties": { "outputDir": "C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput", "virtualOutputDir": "/rest/directories/arcgisoutput", "locator": "LocatorFileName", "suggestedBatchSize": "1000", "minScale": "-1", "textAntialiasingMode": "Force", "antialiasingMode": "None", "maxScale": "-1", "maxResultSize": "500", "locatorWorkspacePath": "D:\Data\", "maxBatchSize": "1000" }, "extensions": [], "datasets": [] }

More information on ArcGIS Administrator API for publishing a service and setting its parameters.
ChrisCorwin
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks...
It says its missing a , or } at character 925. But I cannot find it. Can you see what I might be missing
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Thanks...
It says its missing a , or } at character 925. But I cannot find it. Can you see what I might be missing

Hm.. have probably missed something when copying the code.. Here you go, this one works fine for me.

{
"serviceName": "Locator_Composite",
"type": "GeocodeServer",
"description": "",
"capabilities": "Geocode,ReverseGeocode",
"clusterName": "default",
"minInstancesPerNode": 1,
"maxInstancesPerNode": 1,
"instancesPerContainer": 1,
"maxWaitTime": 60,
"maxStartupTime": 300,
"maxIdleTime": 1800,