Using World Street Map and Layer problem

03-19-2013 09:06 AM
JerryChapman
New Contributor
I'm using the ESRI World Street Map as my basemap tiled layer.  Then I load our tiled layer next.  This works just fine except our layer has 2 extra layers that allows a user to zoom into a parcel even more than ESRI's World Street Map.  I can not zoom to the extra 2 levels when the ESRI World Street Map is the basemap layer.  Any ideas?  I'm using the V10.1.1 iOS SDK.

Thanks,

Jerry
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanaMaher
Occasional Contributor
I'm using the ESRI World Street Map as my basemap tiled layer.  Then I load our tiled layer next.  This works just fine except our layer has 2 extra layers that allows a user to zoom into a parcel even more than ESRI's World Street Map.  I can not zoom to the extra 2 levels when the ESRI World Street Map is the basemap layer.  Any ideas?  I'm using the V10.1.1 iOS SDK.
Jerry

The first layer you add defines certain values, including the minimum and maximum zoom of the map. This zoom limiting is undocumented behavior of AGSMapView, but pretty standard behavior of ESRI's map classes across the various SDKs/APIs. You should be able to solve this by adding your tiled layer first, and then inserting the world street map under it. You may want to write some code to zoom the map out to the closest scale of the World Street Map if your user leaves the extent of your tiled service.
0 Kudos