Web apps from templates not working

03-19-2013 08:21 AM
NathanBaylot
New Contributor
I downloaded the Chrome Legend template and have watched the ESRI Training Seminar on creating a map from the template. I used to exact same template they used but I can not get the page to load. Nothing happens when I open it with Chrome, IE, or Firefox. Is there something I am missing.

All I did was post my Map ID in the Map key part and saved. This is what he did in the video and it worked for him.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor
Hi Nathan,

Where did you save the application on your computer? Did you extract it from the zip folder after downloading it?

Also, what is the URL you are using to access the application?
0 Kudos
NathanBaylot
New Contributor
I was placing it on the local C: for testing. I then put it in the server folder to try it (may not even be that since IT is so vague on what they actually give me). They basically said here, put it in this and that was it. I'm assuming it is the folder since IIS is one of the security privileges and it has \\wwwxxx
0 Kudos
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

What basemap do you use?
Bing Maps cannot be used in web apps without a bing key.

Akos
0 Kudos
NathanBaylot
New Contributor
Our organization has a bing key. But I took off the key to use what was on the original map.
0 Kudos
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Could you share the web map here so we could have a look at it?
0 Kudos
AlexZhuk
Occasional Contributor III
What error did you get? It could be similar to what I had. Here's the solution (from Esri's analyst) to my issue:

In your application's index.html file, could you search for the string "sharingurl" and change it to the following:

sharingurl: "http://arcgis.com/sharing/content/items",

Save the change, clear your browser cache, and reopen the application. Does the change allow your web map to display?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It has to be put on your web server. Are you sure it is? Typically when these apps don't work it's because the proxy is not configured. Did you configure the proxy as described in the readme file?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
NathanBaylot
New Contributor
I'm just tinkering around the templates provided from ArcGIS.com, specifically the Editor chrome. I put it in the server folder and changed the map ID and took off the Bing maps key just for testing. I then ran it and it just doesn't do anything. This was all from the training video "Using ArcGIS.com Templates to Create Web Applications."

I forgot to mention this is the first time to do this kind of stuff. I've only dealt with ArcMap. They needed somebody to make these web apps and I had to be the one. HA
0 Kudos