Where to look for resources regarding Arcview and Arcmap development using C#?

06-09-2010 06:10 PM
LYW
by
New Contributor
I need to look for resources regarding application development in Visual Studio using the language C#, the clue given is Arcview and Arcmap. It should be defense related. If not wrong, it shld be application that allows embedding of some map in Window Forms. I am supposed to start on later but now I am required to do research. What resources do you all recommend for me?

I just came across this link, not sure if it would be relevant...
http://help.arcgis.com/EN/sdk/10.0/ArcObjects_NET/conceptualhelp/index.html#/d/0001000001VN000000/

Can someone provide some hints for beginners like me, thanks.

update: I don't have the software with me
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DmitryPavlov
New Contributor
I need to look for resources regarding application development in Visual Studio using the language C#, the clue given is Arcview ...

That is my post about programming for old ArcView 3.x - [translated by Google to English]:
Programming ArcView 3.x from .NET(C#) via sending Avenue commands to it through the DDE

That is not about embedding maps to your app, but might be helpful. See also other posts on my blog about GIS programming in .NET - there are might be some helpful links for you.
0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor
That is my post about programming for old ArcView 3.x - [translated by Google to English]:
Programming ArcView 3.x from .NET(C#) via sending Avenue commands to it through the DDE

That is not about embedding maps to your app, but might be helpful. See also other posts on my blog about GIS programming in .NET - there are might be some helpful links for you.

I'm going to leave this thread here, but also drop a copy of it onto the ArcObjects forum.   Really does seem to me that "wlywly" isn't referring to ArcView 3.x, but that "dimaka" is.
0 Kudos