How to clear the Python Window within ArcMap (v10)?

02-15-2013 02:37 AM
ThomasChudy
New Contributor II
Hello,
as I need a lot of experimentng while trying to get some code to work, I always use the history in the python window (hitting "UP-Arrow" on the keyboad to recall the latest code back into the window). If I do it very often I experienced the console to get quite slow in its reaction. When I worked on some code (few months ago) I found a way to clear/reset the python window within ArcMap rather than restarting ArcMap at all.

Now I can not recall how I did it? Neither can't find any hint on Google. I'm even not quite sure whether I typed in an command or clicked on something within a menu. But I'm quite sure that if I typed in some code it's certain that it only had been a short command/single word.

Anybody can help myself with that? Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasChudy
New Contributor II
Thanks David,

after I uninstalled the language supplement for ArcGis 10.1, right clicking within the Python Window brings up the entry called 'Clear all'. And indeed it clears everything inside the window.

So the problem seems to be the Language Supplement (GER) that has a corresponding Term for 'Clear all' but doesn't work for any reason. If click it it will not clear anything but brings up another '>>' in a new line.
So is anybody experiencing that behaviour?

I will try to reinstall the language supplement, and will look if that will solve the problem, otherwise I'm going to use the English version.