mbalxnder

Could not Load File or Assembly

Discussion created by mbalxnder on Feb 12, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 by agray1
Migrating in numerous ways.....

Trying to run an .exe (VS2010), from SQLServer 2005 DB as a SQL job. SQL DB is on x86 machine (Server 2003), .exe is on x64 (Server 2008 R2)machine, as is all ArcGIS software, license manager, etc.
     * Note: The same job ran fine with everything loaded onto the SQL DB box. SDE and ArcGIS Desktop were installed.

Migration entailed removing all ArcSDE & ArcGIS components from the SQLServer box and loading them onto the Server 2008 R2 box.

When running the job, I am receiving the following error:

Executed as user: Domain\XXXX. ... System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ParcelsImport.modParcelsImport' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.System, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.  File name: 'ESRI.ArcGIS.System, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86'     at ParcelsImport.LicenseInitializer..ctor()     at ParcelsImport.modParcelsImport..cctor()    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.  To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.  Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.  To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at ParcelsImport.modP.  The step failed.

I verified that the .dlls were referenced on the x64 machine and that they were in the GAC. I also read some other threads that talked about changing the build from "Any Computer" to x86, but this has not worked for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Outcomes