AnsweredAssumed Answered

kriging results to raster

Question asked by astridh on Feb 8, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 by EKrause-esristaff
Hello,

I have a question regarding the export of kriging results into a raster. I've seen a few threads related to this question, but unfortunately could not find the right answer.

The problems:
1. The raster's min and max values differ from the min and max values of the input data.
Max and min values (which are actually real measured max and min) change by nearly 10% when the kriging result is exported to a raster, which is not acceptable for my data and study purpose. I've seen that this problem is linked to the cell size. Is there anyway around it - recalculating the raster values in some way and trying to correct them manually? I really need the min and max values to not be changed in my dataset.

2. The isolines of classes as shown in kriging do not match with the ones in the raster.
As far as I understand is the problem the conversion of the on-the-fly, hence fairly coarse, interpolated GA layer into a much finer raster. So I played around with the cell size and did notice that the result improved when increasing the cell size, but I didn't manage to match the output of the GA layer. I also read in a few threads that the coordinate system could be a problem, so I converted it from degrees to metre, but didn't notice any improvements. My sampling area is only 6m^2, so I guess this makes the degree problem neglectable. Any suggestions on how to improve the raster output if a fairly fine grid is required?

I need a raster output (ideally a fine grid) as I would like to perform further analysis on these data.

Any suggestions and tips on how to deal with this and hopefully improve the end result are highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Astrid

Outcomes