Multiple locking issue with 10.1

02-07-2013 12:00 PM
GregoryDillon
New Contributor III
I'm running ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 and Desktop 10.1 SP1 and have been getting multiple locking errors when coping features from an 9.3.1 SDE database to a file geodatabase.    This occurs when doing a FeatureClassToGeodatabase_conversion.

Some of the locking errors I've seen are:

ERROR 000464: Cannot get exclusive schema lock.  Either being edited or in use by another application.  Failed to execute (Rename).
ERROR 000224: Cannot insert features.   Failed to execute (CopyFeatures).
Sometimes I have also gotten a ""Workspace or data source is read only" when attempting to do Rename_Management only the feature I just copied with a FeatureClassToGeodatabase_conversion.

I had this happen when no other Python script is running and not desktop ArcGIS application is open (Case 1).

If I run a seperate unrelated Python script writing to a seperate File Geodatabase these errors occur more often (Case 2).

In the Case 1 example, it seems like Python thinks its finished when in fact the lock is still active (suggested by the rename error described above).
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryDillon
New Contributor III
I have also experience errors when just copying features within the same file geodatabase using CopyFeatures_management.   So this seems to rule out SDE.
0 Kudos