'featureserver' not found

02-06-2013 06:21 AM
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
I am getting these error messages in my arcgis 10.1 sp1 log file, these layers are not feature map services, I have another map service that is a feature service,  any ideas?;

SEVERE

Feb 6, 2013 11:13:52 AM

Unable to process request. Error handling service request : java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'featureserver' not found.

Rest

SEVERE

Instance of service 'WasteLiveLayers.MapServer' failed to process a request.

Server

SEVERE

Unable to process request. Error handling service request : java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'featureserver' not found.

Rest

SEVERE

Instance of service 'IdentifySearch.MapServer' failed to process a request.

Server
Tags (2)
8 Replies
IvoVisser
New Contributor
Dear Peter,

Today I found a similar problem at my end. Solution for me was to exclude the layers mentioned in the logfile in the Flex viewer Edit widget. In your case this would be the layer: 'WasteLiveLayers.MapServer'

SEVERE

11 apr. 2013 11:55:17

Rest

I'm not sure whether you are using the Flex viewer, but here are the records I included in the EditWidget.xml
<configuration>

[INDENT]<!--your Edit widget configuration-->[/INDENT]

[INDENT]<excludelayer>Gebieden</excludelayer>[/INDENT]
</configuration>

Replace "Gebieden" with the name of the layer found in the Flex viewer legend.
Hope this helps! If you're not using the Flex viewer, you might be able to better locate the problem with this information.

regards,
Ivo
0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III
Peter or Ivo,

I am having the same issue configuring the Common Operating Picture application.  It is only when I open the edit widget that I get the two sever errors of:

Unable to process request. Error handling service request : java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'featureserver' not found. Rest

and

Instance of service 'Maps/EmergencyOperations.MapServer' failed to process a request.  Server

It is the same setup that Peter has with one set of layers being map service and other being feature services for editing.  I added the<excludelayer></excludelayer> to the edit widget with no change in the errors.  I am running ArcServer 10.1 SP1 enterprise edition, and the COP application is 10.1 Flex.  Peter did you solve this issue?
0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
I exclude the layers as suggested. My users are able to edit without a problem. I have not checked the logfiles in a while.
I am using ArcGIS server 10.1sp1 and my own customized flexbuilder app which is based upon the ArcGIS viewer for flex and api 3.4.
0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
Thanks for the quick reply Peter.  I am able to do editing, it is just those errors keep popping up each time someone initially clicks the edit widget within the application even with the <excludelayer>.  So, I do not know if that is something to worry about or not.
0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
I am not getting the errors popping up, not sure how to turn them off.
Is your application working as it should?
0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
It appears to be working correctly.  So I am not going to worry about it at this moment in time, but short of calling support your post was the only one I found that offered a solution to the errors.  So thank you for asking that question.
0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
This issue has been resolved, but I do not see the check mark.
0 Kudos
DavidMann1
New Contributor III
I noticed these errors in our server log a while back and was able to narrow it down to the attribute table widget.  It appears that this, the edit widget, or any other widget that could be used for editing will try to access the feature service for any layer in your application that is not specifically excluded from that widget.  For the attribute table we still want layers that are not editable so we decided just to ignore these server errors as they don't appear to actually be causing any problems.
0 Kudos