Determine Addressing Level for StreetMap Streets

01-31-2013 05:21 AM
GregYetman
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm working with Release 3 of the 2012 NavTeq StreetMap Premium data. For some small communities in rural areas of Canada I seem to only be able to geocode to the street level. The address and address point geocoders both fail to find any matches. I would not be surprised by low match rates but I am surprised to find none. Some other larger communities work fine (same input dataset) with initial success rates of ~70%, so I do not think it is my input data format that is the issue.

Is there a way to tell if a street has address range information at all? I can locate the streets that I am trying to match against but I am having trouble deciphering the fields so that I can tell which have address information and which do not.

Greg
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregYetman
Occasional Contributor
I figured this out with some help from a colleague. I had been looking at the streets_carto feature class in the from the StreetMap MXDs, the address fields that the geocoder uses are in the streets feature class, which has fields for address ranges. These are all null values in the towns and villages where I get no matches. I guess that the small communities do not have civic addresses at all.
0 Kudos