AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcSDE Service won't work with PostgreSQL 9.1/PostGIS 2.0

Question asked by deleted-user-1T_bOHag6M8d on Jan 18, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 by deleted-user-1T_bOHag6M8d
I've followed the instructions for getting ArcSDE to work with PostgreSQL 9.1 and PostGIS 2.0 and I can make direct connections from ArcMap with no issue. However, I'm unable to view feature classes in the geodatabase through an ArcSDE Service connection.

I've used the Create ArcSDE Connection file tool to create a connection to my server with the service set to 5152. The initial connection is fine, but trying to add any feature classes to ArcMap returns an ArcMap error saying "One or more layers failed to draw. <<Feature Class>>: Function or procedure does not exist [<<Feature Class>>]".

In my PostgreSQL logs I can see the SQL statement that fails. It says "ERROR:  function setsrid(geometry, integer) does not exist at character 19". My understanding is the setsrid function in PostGIS was renamed to st_setsrid in version 2.0. The direct connection does not give this error, likely due to the updated client libraries at SP1.

Is there a way for me to provide the updated client libraries for the ArcSDE Service?

Thanks.

Outcomes