Select to view content in your preferred language

Installing ArcGIS Manager seperatly from ArcGIS Server

01-16-2013 03:22 AM
ThibaultThibault1
Emerging Contributor
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to install the Manager on an other machine than the one used to install ArcGIS Server ?
The question is related to a multiple-machine deployment.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharyHart
Honored Contributor
Thibault,

When you say multi-machine are you saying multiple GIS sites, or a distributed machine environment where you just want to manage your GIS server from another device?

For the first:
The process of creating a multiple-machine deployment of ArcGIS Server has also been simplified. You run the same installation on each machine and connect the machines using ArcGIS Server Manager.

So the manager component is a part of each installation. From what I gather, if you had multiple sites you would log into your first site and configure accordingly.
Opening Manager the first time

When you open Manager the first time, you'll be asked whether you want to create a new site or join an existing site. Creating a new site means you are just getting started and you want to add this machine as the first GIS server in your configuration. Joining an existing site means that you want to add this machine as a GIS server in an existing configuration. See the help topics below to learn what you'll need to do for the option you choose:

Then your additional sites you would log into and add to your existing site:
A site is a deployment of ArcGIS for Server. If you've installed ArcGIS for Server for the purpose of connecting it to an existing site, you have the opportunity to specify that site the first time you open Manager.

Installing ArcGIS for Server on multiple machines

If you are talking about the 2nd scenario, the AGS manager is a web application. In my case i can access my server manager anywhere on my network.
0 Kudos