Geometry type conversion problem

01-15-2013 04:58 AM
ReneeCammarere
Occasional Contributor
How do I convert from an ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.IPoint to an ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Graphic point object?
In other words, I'm wanting to convert from an IGeometry to a runtime geometry, I guess.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ReneeCammarere
Occasional Contributor
I was able to do this with the following code snippit . . .

//  *********************   Convert from IGeometry to runtime geometry    *********************
            // Create a new instance of one Graphic.
            ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Graphic aGraphic = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Graphic();

// Create a SpatialReference for the Graphic. Point Graphics are known as MapPoint objects
           ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Geometry.SpatialReference aSpatialReference = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Geometry.SpatialReference(4326);
            // Create a MapPoint object and set its SpatialReference and coordinate (X,Y,Z) information.
            ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Geometry.MapPoint aMapPoint = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Geometry.MapPoint();
            aMapPoint.SpatialReference = aSpatialReference;
            aMapPoint.X = Point.X;// Point is an IPoint object
            aMapPoint.Y = Point.Y;
            aMapPoint.Z = Point.Z;

// Create a new instance of a SimpleMarkerSymbol and set its Style, and Size Properties.
           ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.SimpleMarkerSymbol aSimpleMarkerSymbol = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.SimpleMarkerSymbol();
            aSimpleMarkerSymbol.Style = ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.SimpleMarkerSymbol.SimpleMarkerStyle.Circle;
            aSimpleMarkerSymbol.Size = 10;

// Apply the Graphic's Geometry and Symbol Properties.
           aGraphic.Geometry = (ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Geometry.Geometry)aMapPoint;
            aGraphic.Symbol = (ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Symbols.Symbol)aSimpleMarkerSymbol;

_graphicsLayer.Graphics.Add(aGraphic);
0 Kudos