AnsweredAssumed Answered

Feature Names in SDE Geodatabase

Question asked by HandsomePete on Jan 4, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 by tpcolson
I've installed SDE 10.0 on SqlServer 2008 on a 2008 R2 server.  We are using the dbo schema and windows authentication.  There is an active directory group ("ups") that all our users belong to.  We added the ups group as a user to the database and gave it datawriter and datareader permissions.

Users can log in and see the feature classes, but when they create a feature class, it adds the users name to the feature class name.  For example our database is named upssde, the user is John Smith, the feature class gets names "upssde.'John.Smith'.roads"

According to this page* SDE is creating a schema with the name of the user. 

We can't have the user name as part of the feature class name, and, obviously, this isn't how SDE is supposed to work.  I'm pretty sure I don't have the roles/permissions/groups set up right.  I'm not well versed in SQL Server.  Is there a way to set it up so that the user names don't show up in the feature class name?

Any help would be appreciated.

*For Windows groups, ArcGIS will create a matching schema for any group member the first time the user creates data in the geodatabase. The schema name will be the same as the login name, not the name of the group. This is done automatically; you do not have to create the schema ahead of time.

Outcomes