HTML5 with ArcGIS Java script API off line mapping for mobile, Tb,Tablet and browser

01-02-2013 07:13 PM
FaiyazAhmad
New Contributor
HTML5 and arcgis java script API based gis application will support all browser (IE/Safari/Chrome/Firefox etc) and same time it will support mobile/tablet/TB browser?

Is HTML5 and arcGIS java script is stable?

IS HTML 5 and arcGIS java script  provide offline mapping & Editing?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
Yes. Its supporting mobile,PC & Tab and its working fine for me in Firefox & IE.

HTML5 and arcgis java script API based gis application will support all browser (IE/Safari/Chrome/Firefox etc) and same time it will support mobile/tablet/TB browser?

Is HTML5 and arcGIS java script is stable?

IS HTML 5 and arcGIS java script  provide offline mapping & Editing?
0 Kudos
FaiyazAhmad
New Contributor
Yes. Its supporting mobile,PC & Tab and its working fine for me in Firefox & IE.

Thank sunilpalkar for you response.

What about offline mapping (IS it will work in offline mode on field device).

my concern is I am going to centrally deploye this HTML5 & ArcGIS java script map application on application server and want to access through Mobile device (Smart phone/tab/TB) and PC browser.

I have seen on ESRI site it is mention right now it is in experimental phase.
0 Kudos
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
Regarding about offline mapping I have not tried so I cant say but yes..it is in experimental phase

Thank sunilpalkar for you response.

What about offline mapping (IS it will work in offline mode on field device).

my concern is I am going to centrally deploye this HTML5 & ArcGIS java script map application on application server and want to access through Mobile device (Smart phone/tab/TB) and PC browser.

I have seen on ESRI site it is mention right now it is in experimental phase.
0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
The amount of offline storage allowed by the browser is pretty small. Esri has a sample for storing tiles for offline use, but the local storage fills up before you can get enough tiles to be useful. There may be some other way that I am not aware of, but the way they do it in the sample doesn't look like it will work.
0 Kudos
FaiyazAhmad
New Contributor
The amount of offline storage allowed by the browser is pretty small. Esri has a sample for storing tiles for offline use, but the local storage fills up before you can get enough tiles to be useful. There may be some other way that I am not aware of, but the way they do it in the sample doesn't look like it will work.

Thanks for your response.

Yes local storege is samll storge. Is it feasible to storde tiles in SQL table (HTML 5 storage option) in online mode and in offline mode application would retrive the data from  SQL table (HTML 5 storage option)?

i have other questions :-

1- It would be centrally deployed and would be access through desktop browser (IE/Chrome/Fire fox/Safari) and mobile/Tablet/toughbook browser (Opera etc) [Field devices].

2- Is it will support desktop browser (IE/Chrome/Fire fox/Safari) and mobile/Tablet/toughbook browser (Opera etc)?

4- User can view the map in Offline mode.

5- Offline Editing is feasible.

6- Data synchronization is feasible.
0 Kudos