AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the Data Interoperability tool, Quick Export, from Python

Question asked by hants_gisteam on Dec 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 by hants_gisteam
Hi,

I'm writing a Python script to work with ArcGIS 9.3.1 and when I try to use the "Quick Export" data interoperability tool in Python, I can only get it to export to the file types that don't require the data interoperability licence, e.g. GMLSF.  When I try any of the licensed file types I get this error message:

[INDENT]FME API version of module 'MITAB' matches current internal version (3.4 20081031)
Module 'MITAB' is not licensed for use with this FME edition[/INDENT]

Has anyone had a similar problem?  I've applied suggestions made in other posts on the web that relate to similar issues - I'm checking out the licence and setting the toolbox - but it still doesn't work:

import arcgisscripting, string gp = arcgisscripting.create(9.3)  # Check out the Data Interoperability Extension gp.SetProduct("ArcInfo")  gp.AddToolbox("C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcToolBox\Toolboxes\Data Interoperability Tools.tbx") gp.Toolbox = "interop"  # Put in error trapping in case an error occurs when running tool try:     # Check for the data interoperability licence     if gp.CheckExtension("DataInteroperability") == "Available":         print gp.CheckExtension("DataInteroperability")         gp.CheckOutExtension("DataInteroperability")         print "Data Interoperability licence available and checked out"     else:         raise "LicenseError"      # Variables     FC_workspace = "***"     FC_name = "***"     FC_path = FC_workspace + FC_name     FL_name = "***"     Output_FC = "***"     Export_output = "mitab,C:\\temp\\Scripts\\" + Output_FC     FC_query = "***"      # Make a feature layer from the feature class     gp.MakeFeatureLayer(FC_path, FL_name)     print "Feature layer created"      # If a query exists, run it against the feature layer     if len(FC_query)!=0:         gp.SelectLayerByAttribute(FL_name, "NEW_SELECTION", FC_query)         print "Selection completed"     else:         print "No query run"      # Write the selected features to a new TAB file     gp.QuickExport_interop(FL_name, Export_output)     print "TAB export completed"      gp.CheckInExtension("DataInteroperability")     print "Data Interoperability extension checked in"      except "LicenseError":     print "Data Interoperability license is unavailable"    except:     # If an error occurred, print the message to the screen     print "==ERROR=="     print gp.GetMessages()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Outcomes