Web Adaptor Config Webpage not working due to Website Theme Error

Jump to solution
12-14-2012 05:19 AM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
After installation of the web adaptor, it launches a browser to set up configuration. Our web server and GIS Server are separate boxes, and both are secured via HTTPS, including our website. So, upon installation of the web adaptor on our WEB machine, this website is opened:

https://localhost/[name of adaptor]/webadaptor

Unfortunately, that webpage cannot be resolved and it never opens.

Since we ran into the same issue as some other people during web adaptor installation regarding the Listbox, we removed our "default website" from IIS6. We dont know why, but using "localhost" doesn't work.

So we tried using the external facing IP instead of localhost, and it got us a step further. Unfortunately, we now receive an error on config.aspx, as it cannot find our "global theme" that's used across our entire website.

Has anybody run into any issues with this web adaptor?

We tried running the config via command line for IIS, but we receive an error trying to execute the .exe, something along the lines of "this image file is not meant for this machine".

This is a production server, and so far, the upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 has been horrendous.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBrown1
I was able to solve my issue by creating an "App_Themes" folder and placing an empty "Orange" folder inside of it. It seems as long as it was able to find a folder containing the same name as the theme, it worked, regardless if it contained anything or not.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewBrown1
The error from accessing the web adaptor website is as follows:

Server Error in '/adaptor' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Theme 'Orange' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories.

Source Error:

Line 75:   </compilation>
Line 76:   <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" maxRequestLength="51200"/>
Line 77:   <pages styleSheetTheme="Orange">
Line 78:    <controls>
Line 79:     <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Which file (name and path) references Orange?

I have the web adaptor installed on a Windows 8 x64 machine and I can't find this reference.
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
If I try browsing to the same URL in order to configure the webadaptor, https://www.site.com/adaptor/webadaptor, that site throws the error.
EDIT: The error is referencing the web.config in the root website folder... not in the adaptor virtual directory.

We tried copying the App_Theme folder from the root folder into the virtual directory created by the adaptor, "adaptor" in my case, we receive a different error.

We think it has to do with the web.config in the website root folder trying to apply our global theme to the /adaptor/ folder, and it's not having it.

Any ideas?

It's possible that our website isn't set up correctly in IIS, but it's a working production website, so we cannot screw it up.
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
I was able to solve my issue by creating an "App_Themes" folder and placing an empty "Orange" folder inside of it. It seems as long as it was able to find a folder containing the same name as the theme, it worked, regardless if it contained anything or not.
0 Kudos