AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data Driven Pages Help

Question asked by SPGIS2010 on Nov 8, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2012 by mboeringa2010
I am interested in using data driven pages for a set of maps that show existing features around a proposed utility line. There are
several things I do not know how to do. I was hoping someone could give me some tips.

1) In some of the maps I make, extra data frames are inserted to show detail on some specific parts of the proposed line.
However, I do not need these extra data frames or ???insets??? on each page. How can I make data frames or other map features
appear on some pages but not on others?

2) In some instances my line changes direction. It may run North to South on one map and then run East to West on the next
map. Currently the maps I make are created without data driven pages so each map is its own document. Typically, when a line
changes direction, I change the page layout from portrait to landscape or vice versa in order to show as much of the line as
possible on one page.  How do I change the page layout of individual pages in a map document which incorporates data driven
pages?

3) I would also like to create a dynamic text box which updates more than one piece of information. A typical map title would
read as follows. The information I need to automatically update is in Bold.

Figure 2a
Site Plan of the Proposed ABC
Utility Line in XYZ County, TX

I know how to create dynamic text and add the necessary information into my attribute table etcetera etcetera. I am trying to
figure out how to insert multiple pieces of dynamic text and some static phrasing that does not change all in the same text box.

P.S. I would like to avoid using python if possible. But if not I guess I will have to learn how to use it.

Outcomes