Can't print graticules in a custom Layout Template with the ExportWebMap task?

Jump to solution
11-07-2012 12:20 PM
QuinWong
New Contributor II
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the graticules in a custom Layout Template to print with the Export Web Map task?

This is what I did:

Create Graticule Layout Template:

1) I made a copy of "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates\Letter ANSI A Landscape.mxd" & renamed it to "Letter ANSI A Landscape with Graticules.mxd"

2) In "Table of Contents", I right-clicked "Layers" and selected "Properties" to open "Data Frame Properties"

3) Under "Coordinate System", I chose my coordinate system

4) Under the "Grids" tab, I clicked "New Grid" and made a new graticule using the "Grids and Graticules Wizard".  It seems to appear under "Layout View" (as long as you don't skip step 3)

Run Export Web Map tool:

5) In the "Catalog" tool, I opened "Toolboxes" > "System Toolboxes" > "Server Tools" > "Printing" > "Export Web Map"

6) In the "Export Web Map" dialogue, I chose "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates" as the "Layout Templates Folder".  I also chose "Letter ANSI A Landscape with Graticules" as the "Layout Template"

7) I clicked OK to run the "Export Web Map" tool

Publish the Printing Service:

😎 I opened "Geoprocessing" > "Results" window, expanded "Current Session" and right-clicked "Export Web Map".  I then clicked "Share As" > "Geoprocessing Service"

9) I successfully published the service, setting the "Execution Mode" to "Synchronous" under "Parameters" when editing the service.

However, when I try to use the Export Web Map task, setting the "Layout Template" parameter to "Letter ANSI A Landscape with Graticules", it prints the web map along with the date and the scale bar but it doesn't print the graticules!

I have tried converting the graticule to graphics during step 4 but it still doesn't display the graticules.

What am I doing wrong here?  Is this a bug?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QuinWong
New Contributor II
Er, nevermind, it does work.  Just make sure you save the MXD before Step 5.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
QuinWong
New Contributor II
Er, nevermind, it does work.  Just make sure you save the MXD before Step 5.
0 Kudos