AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changes in database not showing up in service/web map

Question asked by vas6f on Oct 3, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 by vas6f
Hello!

I have a map service that references a non-spatial table (more specifically a view) stored in a SQL Server database. This table is related to a spatial layer (i.e., feature class) in the map service. I have registered both the non-spatial SQL Server database and the file geodatabase containing the feature class with ArcGIS for Server. After publishing the map service, I made changes to the tables referenced by the view in SQL Server. These changes show up when I look at the table in the source mxd for the map service. However, these changes do not show up when I do a search of the spatial layer and try to view information in the related table in the web mapping application (ArcGIS Viewer for Flex) that I'm using to view the map service.

Do I need to overwrite the map service in order to get these changes to show up? I registered my data sources with ArcGIS for Server in an attempt to preclude the need for overwriting the map service every time the SQL Server database is updated. If I shouldn't need to do an overwrite of the map service, then do you have any suggestions for things I should look at/try out in order to identify the source of the problem?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Virginia

Outcomes