BPATroy

Can't Publish With OS Authentication - Can Publish Without OS Authentication???

Discussion created by BPATroy on Sep 24, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by robertwjones
I have two ArcGIS Server 10.1 installations on two separate servers. One uses Integrated Windows OS Authentication via IIS 7.5 with NTLM as the provider. The other just runs off of port 6080. I can publish from ArcGIS Desktop Standard 10.1 (ArcMap) without issue.
Once I enabled OS Authentication utilizing Active Directory for both Users and Roles on my other ArcGIS Server, the ability to publish is blocked and the Error message about "Package & Publishing Service tools not being started, etc..." pops up. However, I can save and import the service definition file to create a service without any issue.

Now the publisher connection was established using the ArcGIS Server internal administrative user name - this user name is maintained by ArcGIS Server, not Active Directory. Is this failing because the administrative user name is not part of Active Directory? I need to know ASAP because it's a royal pain (takes weeks sometimes dealing with overseas personnel) to procure a new user name in the organization I work for...

Outcomes