Remote desktop connection failed.

Jump to solution
09-21-2012 03:34 AM
NadeemQazi
New Contributor III
I have used a AMI  248675906072/Esri ArcGIS 10.1 Server with SQL Express (June 2012) to create a EC2 instance on amazon cloud with all the default option. the instance is created and i can see on EC2 management console that is running. when i click "get sytem log" under Instance action on Ec2 management console it displays "windows is ready to use". However when i tried  to connect this instance using remote desktop by running the downloaded file:ec2-54-247-6-241.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
it givee me following message:
Remote Desktop can't connect to remote computer for one of these reasons:
1) Remote access to the server is not enabled
2) remote computer is turned off
3) the remote computer is not available on network

Any suggestion how to make connection remotely to my newly created instance on amazon
Regards
Nadeem
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Open the remote desktop port (RDP) in your security group to allow remote desktop connections from your machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Open the remote desktop port (RDP) in your security group to allow remote desktop connections from your machine.
0 Kudos
NadeemQazi
New Contributor III

Thanx, it worked for me
Regards
Nadeem
0 Kudos
NadeemQazi
New Contributor III
Thanx, it worked for me
Regards
Nadeem

I have got one more problem , while I was able to login remotely from my home , it did not work from my office labtop. is it becaz of proxy i mean  does remote login does not work when we are using office network which has got some thing like proxy or firewall.
in that case what will be the remedy
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Yes, I believe your assumption is correct.  Your system administrator will likely need to configure the firewall to allow these remote desktop connections to the cloud.  Please contact him or her.
0 Kudos