Tools open as blank dialog boxes

09-11-2012 02:10 PM
MichaelRamirez
New Contributor
None of the tools in my toolbox open properly.  They show up as blank boxes with OK, Cancel, Environments, and Help buttons.  I specifically need to perform IDW, which worked fine yesterday.  I am away from my office and have a lot of work to do with a number of tools that normally work properly.  This is not the first time I've attempted to use my tools away from the office, and they've worked fine every other time. 

I've found a number of solutions by searching on google, mostly involving changes to regedit, but none have worked.  Being away from the office, I am unable to simply reinstall ArcInfo.  I know very little about this aspect of my computer and I really need help.  Is anyone kind enough to talk me through this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
Yeah, it looks like most related issues I can find are with the ESRI folders in the user profile. So it sounds like you already did this, but if not, rename the ESRI folders to ESRI_old in the following places:

-C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/ESRI
-Start > Run > regedit (enter) > HKey Current User > Software > ESRI

Also, try logging into the machine with a completely different user profile (you could create a test profile). I'd also make sure that Internet Explorer is set as your default web browser.
0 Kudos