WFS To Feature Class => Serious Application Error

08-10-2012 12:43 AM
Labels (1)
GraemeBrowning
Occasional Contributor III
Every Public WFS that I have tried so far (e.g. http://preview.grid.unep.ch:8080/geoserver/ows?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities) with the WFS To Feature Class tool causes a Serious Application Error (and loss of ArcMap).

Has anyone been able to run this tool successfully?  If so, was it using a service URL that you can share?

- Graeme
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricDaniel
Graeme, 

Are you using 10.1?  I'm getting the same result in 10.1 with your link and another one I just tried.  Looks like a bug to me.  Probably best to contact support.  This is the address I tried http://ogi.state.ok.us/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities. The strange thing is I can get the WFS to work if I add it via the Interoperability Connection route.
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning
Thanks for reproducing my error Eric

I'm using ArcGIS 10.1 (Build 3035 = General Release) and like you I have found that the same WFS Service URLs that crash ArcMap appear to add to ArcMap OK via Interoperability Connections.

I'll log with local support.

- Graeme
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning
It turns out that this is bug NIM081479 which was first found at 10.0 SP4 - no word yet as to whether it will fixed by ArcGIS 10.1 SP1.

- Graeme
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning
This is not just an issue with WFS servers from 3rd party products.

If you try to run the tool with this ArcGIS Server WFS Service (that uses GML Simple Features) it too crashes ArcMap with a Serious Application Error.
0 Kudos
SveinungRaheim
Occasional Contributor
I am working with ArcGIS 10.2. This still seems to be an error.
Does anyone have any good work arounds? Like making a command line with the quick translator in FME?

Regards

Sveinung Bertnes Råheim
GIS-coordinator
County-governor of Nordland
Norway
0 Kudos